Tour Israel 21-27.10.18
Tour Israel- Daily Schedule
16:00 We will meet at the Shtarkman Arna Hotel in Nahariyya, get to know each other and prepare our bikes.
19:00 Dinner together at hotel.
Sunday 21.10.18 Western Galilee and Safed
7:00 Breakfast at hotel
8:00 Depart to Rosh Hanikra
8:30 Briefing and final preparations
9:00 Group photo and start of the ride.
Ride description: 60 km.
Start in the Western Galiee on the shores of the Mediterranean Sea at Rosh Hanikra. We’ll ride up to Ramat Admit from where we’ll enjoy the beautiful hilly views of the Western Galilee and the Haifa Bay.
We continue to the Upper Galilee, ride passed Mt. Miron, and end our ride with a guided tour in the alleys of the Old City of Safed.
We’ll have lunch in Safed, load our bikes, and drive towards Majdal Shams in the Golan Heights.
A special Druze dinner will be hosted by a local cook from the town. After dinner we’ll go for some drinks in a local pub.
Accommodations: Majdal Shams.
Monday 22.10.18 Golan Heights and Sea of Galilee
8:30 Start of ride
Ride description: 50 km
Ride begins from Majdal Shams while getting an explanation about the Israel- Syria border. We continue riding through the towns of Mas’ade and Buq’ata and pass by kibbutzim of El Rom and Marom Golan.
We’ll climb Mt. Bental to a glorious lookout of the Upper Galilee and have a drink at the coffee shop on the tip of the mountain.
Lunch will be at the settlement of Katzrin.
We’ll visit the famous Golan Heights Winery.
We’ll drive along the eastern shore of the Sea of Galilee to Kibbutz Ashdot Ya’akov where we end our day.
20:30 Guest speaker
Accommodations: Nahara, Ashdot Ya’akov
Tuesday 23.10.18 Beit She’an, Kibbutz Nir David and Dragot Cliffs
Ride Description: 50 km.
Ride begins from Ashdot Ya’akov along the Jordan Valley which is a part of the Great Rift Valley.
The ride will pass the ancient city of Beit She’an where glorious ruins are scattered throughout the modern city.
We’ll cool off and have lunch by the river stream at Kibbutz Nir David.
After lunch we’ll drive to Ein Bokek by the Dead Sea, stopping on the way at Dragot Cliffs for an incredible lookout of the red Moab Mountains in Jordanian territory running alongside the eastern shore of the Dead Sea.
Accommodations: Leonardo Inn, Ein Bokek Dead Sea
wednesday 24.10.18 Dead Sea and Masada
A free morning to enjoy the Dead Sea beaches and spa.
9:00 An optional short bike ride along the Dead Sea salt ponds.
11:00 Depart hotel towards Masada
12:00 Guided tour of Masada
15:00 Back to the hotel and pack out.
16:00 Begin driving to Mitzpe Ramon (An option to leave earlier for Shabbat observers).
19:00 Dinner and a night tour in the area.
Accommodations: IBEX, Mitzpe Ramon
Thursday 25.10.18 Mitzpe Ramon and Eilat
8:30 Drive out to Kibbutz Neot Smadar
10:00 Tour of the Kibbutz
12:00 Light lunch at Neot Smadar Tavern
12:30 Begin bike ride
Ride Descripiton: 80 km
We’ll ride from Neot Smadar to Eilat alongside Israel’s border with Egypt.
We’ll ride straight to the Prima Music Hotel in Eilat for dinner and overnight stay.
Friday 26.10.18 Eilat and Jerusalem
8:30 Visit to the underwater observatory in Eilat
12:00 Depart to Jerusalem
16:00 Arrival at hotel in Jerusalem
19:00 Dinner at the Jerusalem Market
Accommodations: Jerusalme Hotel
Saturday 27.10.18 Jerusalem
8:00 Tour of the Old City of Jerusalem
13:00 Back to hotel, packing and flight arrangements.
14:00 Leave to the airport.
Full package: seven days,six nights 21-27/10/2018
Early registration ends : 31/8/2018 $2,500
Late registration ends: 15/10/2018 $2,650
Registration for Tour Israel 2018 takes place in two stages;
1. $250 Initial payment due at time of registration
2. Remaining payment due once all participant forms have been received and approved
Discounts and package add-ons:
-The Tour Israel package price is per person/double occupancy
-Dinner and sleeping arrangements in Nahariya the night before the trip are available for an additional $200
-Upgrade to an individual room is available for an additional $500
-Ride the Western Galil with Partnership2Gether ,16-18/3/2017 for an additional $600
-Event registration will be approved once the registrant's approved stress test is received. test results should be forwarded to the event organizers within 30 days of initial registration and no later than 1-10-2017
-Trans Israel registration fees do not include individual insurance; each individual must provide his/her own insurance for the event.j proof of insurance must be received no later than 1-10-2018
- If you are unable to participate in the full trip, it is possible to join for a part of it. Contact us so we can offer you an option that suites your needs.
*the $250 advance registration fee is non-refundablej. even in the event that the individual does not participate in the event
How to Register
Tour Israel Participation Policy
Tour Israel is intended for amateur cyclists, and everything written below regards both men and women.
1. A participant is one whose registration forms are filled out and signed properly, include the registration fee and medical form, and have been authorized by the administration staff before end of registration.
2. A participant is one whose name appears on the list of participants that is published on the event website a week before it begins.
3. The organizers have the right to make changes in the cycling route according to police instructions or conditions of the roads.
4. There will be no refund to participants in case any part or the entire event is cancelled due to security or safety issues of the cyclists.
5. The event is non-competitive and is defined as an amateur cycling trip.
6. The organizers' responsibility on the course lies between the leading vehicle/ guide to the follow vehicle/ guide. One may not ride outside these boundaries.
7. The organizers reserve the right to disqualify any cyclist from participating in the event with no need for explanation, as well as disqualifying a participant during any part of the event.
8. The organizers reserve the right to shorten the course for any cyclist by transporting him forward to the group up front. A cyclist who lags behind the main group by more than half an hour may be transported by vehicle to the main group.
9. Participants must ride only on the route designated by the organizers. No shortcuts or detours allowed.
10. All participants must wear helmets, shoes, and carry two full drinking bottles. It is recommended to also wear protective eye wear.
11. Participants must be at least 15 years of age.
12. The organizers have the right to check the bike’s condition before the start. In the case of a safety issue found with the bike, the organizers could require the repair by the rider before starting as a condition for participating in the event. The cyclists must have a basic tool kit.
13. Cycling during the entire event is according to the law of riding on the road; cyclists will ride on the right side of the road near the right shoulder. Stops will be done only in the right shoulder, out of the driving lane.
14. If a cyclist chooses to end his participation for any reason, he must notify a member of the staff.
15. No trash is to be thrown on the road or roadside at any point of the event.
16. A signature on the registration form is an agreement to the participation charge and participation policy.
17. Riders who pass the leading vehicle/ guide or lag behind the follow vehicle/ guide, are removed from the responsibility of the event organizers and will not be insured in the framework of the event.
18. Participants declare that they are in good health, fit, and trained for this type of physical activity and are aware of the level of difficulty in this event. The organizers highly recommend that riders get checked by a qualified sports doctor.
19. The participant will not have any complaint to the organizers about his own personal equipment.
20. Insurance: the event organizers highly recommend getting personal insurance that covers sports activities in general, and cycling in particular. The organizers are able to provide a basic insurance package that is suitable to sports activities including cycling and/or a wider insurance package if you require. It is important to note that suitable insurance covers financial loss as a result of injury near the time of the event (according to the conditions of the policy).
Declaration of the participant:
I declare that I am physically able to participate in this trip/event and I have trained properly for it and that my physical condition was checked by a qualified doctor. I am aware that the organizers of the event including Gran Fondo Travel, will not be held responsible for any damage or physical injury that may be caused to me during or following this trip/event, including any loss of personal equipment. Therefore, I, signed below, give up the right to file a suit for any damages against the organizers and producers of the event. I agree that the event and sponsors are entitled to use photographs taken of me during and following the trip/event for the purpose of public relations advertising or any other marketing purposes with no compensation. In the case that I have not yet reached the age of 18 at the time of the event, my parents or guardians provide their consent for my participation under all of these aforementioned terms.
For additional inquiries regarding the registration, please contact
Cancellation requests must be written to one of these email addresses:
80% of the payment
Cancellation up to 60 days prior the event
50% of the payment
25% of the payment
Gran Fondo Travel will not be held accountable to cancellations due to Illness, injury, accident, family cause, or any other unfortunate unexpected reason that will not allow the rider to participate. In any of these cases, the cancellation policy will be as stated above.
There will be no refund to a rider who registered and did not show up to the event if he did not notify of his cancellation as stated above.
Gran Fondo Travel recommends adding a section in your insurance covering unexpected cancellations.
For any question or inquiry regarding our cancellation policy, contact us at